It’s easy for a missized valve to get into service, even when everyone is doing their best, but a poorly sized valve can cause several problems for your plant. If you purchase an oversized valve you may have high maintenance costs, poor control, and as a result of poor control, off-spec product. How can you identify a missized valve in your plant?
Check for these things:
- Are you having problems shutting off your valve?
- Are you replacing trim repeatedly?
- Does your valve need frequent maintenance or repair?
- Are you experiencing issues with control?
- Is your valve consistently operating at 20% open or less?
- Do your operating parameters differ from your design parameters?
- Is your valve using more energy than it should?
Would you like a printable copy of this checklist to share with your team? Click the button to download one now:
Let Automation Service help you find the right valve for your application. Call 800-325-4808 to get started.