Ametek Low Lead Type NL300L Air Volume Controls
Ametek Air Volume Controls from Automation Service
Ametek - U.S. Gauge
Low Lead Type NL300L Air Volume Controls
Description - U.S. Gauge Low Lead Air Volume Controls adhere to the “Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act” enacted by the U.S. Congress January 2011.
U.S. Gauge low Lead Air Volume Controls are designed for potable domestic water supply systems which deliver a quantity of air to the pressure tank with each cycle of pump operation. Insufficient air in the pressure tank causes frequent operation of the pump. Too much air in the pressure tank will permit large bubbles to be carried into the piping system. This causes a disagreeable noise and sputtering at the faucets.
It is the function of U.S. Gauge air volume controls to maintain the correct relationship between the volume of air and the quantity of water in the pressure tank.
- Housing: Die cast zinc, with 1-1/4–11-1/2 ANPT male connection for tank installation, and 1/4-18 ANPT female connection to accept a U.S. Gauge Model P-500 pressure gauge, 1/4-18 ANPT, LM connection
- Air Inlet Valve: Schrader or Dill type valve is mounted in the hose connection
- Float: Plastic bulb, mounted on a solid, low lead brass rod
- Internals: A flexible, molded neoprene plug of unique design acts as both dividing wall and fulcrum through which float action is transmitted to the air inlet valve
- Shallow Well Operation – Type NL300L: When the water level is high, the float, secured to a float rod extending through a flexible dividing wall, opens an air inlet valve in the body of the control. The air inlet valve is connected through 48” long polyethylene tubing to a snifter valve on the pump and has no direct connection into the tank. The snifter valve admits air into the pump but prevents the water in the pump from escaping back through it. Air is drawn into the pump through the air inlet valve, connecting tubing and snifter valve and carried out with the water into the tank. This operation continues until the volume of air increases to the proper amount, at which time the float closes the air inlet valve, shutting off the supply of air to the pump. The optimum relationship between the volume of air and water in the tank is thus maintained.
Please fill out the form below and an Automation Service representative will contact you within the hour. All fields are mandatory unless labeled optional.
All remanufactured products:
- 2-3 Weeks Standard Delivery
- 2-5 Days Expedited Delivery
- Need it sooner? call us today at 1-800-325-4808
– U.S. Gauge products:
- 4-8 weeks
Rotork® electric actuators
- Please contact us for delivery
All remanufactured products are covered by our 2 year service warranty. Please click here to view full warranty.
Ametek® – U.S. Gauge Products are covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty. Please click here for warranty information.
Rotork® Electric Actuators – please contact us for warranty information.
New Foxboro® products are covered by a 1 year service warranty by the original manufacturer.